As a user of the DVLA’s Access to Driver Data (ADD) service, Licence Bureau Ltd are regularly audited by the DVLA to ensure that we have genuine and valid authority to access personal data held by the DVLA.
The purpose of the audit is to confirm the reason for each Driver Licence check, to ensure that each check request is supported by a signed Driver Consent / Fair Processing Declaration form and that each form has been correctly completed in accordance with the DVLA’s guidelines.
As a result of our latest audit we have been asked to highlight the following rules for all drivers completing their consent / Fair Processing Declaration form.
Rules for the Customer:
- All fields on the D906 must be completed.
- Each D906 must include date of birth of driver.
- Each D906 must include the driver licence number where applicable.
- Any corrections to the driver information must be initialled and dated by the driver.
- The D906 declaration (section 4) cannot be adapted in anyway.
- If any of the above is not adhered to the form may be rejected.
For more information please contact your Licence Bureau account manager.