Do you recognise any of these eight warning signs of driver licence non compliance?
· A knock on the door from the authorities one of your drivers has been involved in an incident
· A driver continually fails to present his licence and counterpart to you
· The licence issue number does not match the counterpart issue number
· The counterpart is never available when requested
· Internal visual procedure continually moves from HR to procurement to H&S to fleet to HR
· You are having reorgs and unfortunately headcount is reducing
· You no longer have a fleet manager
· You are unaware of your total employee population who drives and who does not
If you do recognise some of the signs you may also want to consider asking yourself and your company these questions?
· Do we still request driving licence photo copies
· Do we really understand the categories on the licence
· Are we 100% sure the licence’s you have seen are the most up to date
· Do we trust our drivers to inform you when they are disqualified
· Do we know how many none employees have access to your vehicles
· Do we fully understand grey fleet
· Have we reviewed our driving policy document recently
· Are we sure all drivers have company insurance
If you are in any doubt or have any issues about your companies or your situation in regards of checking your drivers-at-work credentials then please call Licence Bureau on 01442 430908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice and to discuss a resolution to your issues.